SAVE THE OCEAN ONE STEP AT A TIME IN ADIDAS ULTRABOOST PARLEY
There’s something about wearing environmentally-friendly shoes and clothing that not only looks good, but really does make you feel great about how your fashion choices are impacting the world in a positive way.
PARLEY SHOES 101: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Take the Adidas UltraBOOST Parley, for example. They’re not quite what Adidas would call “recycled shoes” but they’re pretty darn close! These pretty little things are made in collaboration with Parley for the Oceans, an organization that addresses major threats towards our oceans, the most important ecosystem of our planet. Adidas works with Parley to turn threat into thread and spin problems into solutions. How? By keeping plastic out of our oceans and transforming it into high-performance sportswear — in this case, Adidas UltraBOOST Parley running shoes.
Some of the space-dyed yarn in the Primeknit upper features Parley Ocean Plastic™, which is made from recycled waste that is intercepted from beaches and coastal communities before it reaches the ocean.
And if that doesn’t tug at your heartstrings enough, let’s talk stats. These are some facts to think about when understanding the ocean’s importance and why it’s so critical to protect it:
- – 99% of the biosphere is housed in the oceans.
- – Every second breath we take is generated by the oceans.
- – Every minute, the equivalent of a dump truck of plastic enters the oceans.
- – Plastic is found in 90% of seabirds and more than half the world’s sea turtles.
- – Between 57,000 and 135,000 whales are entangled by plastic marine debris every year.
Take all of that into account and I guarantee you’ll feel as good as I did stepping into a pair of Adidas Parley shoes that — even in its own small way — contributes a solution to a problem that’s our collective responsibility to fix. The Earth is our home, and we must do everything we can to take care of it because you know the sea turtles and whales didn’t make a mess of our oceans… we did.
ADIDAS PARLEY STAFF REVIEW
They’re super comfortable and break in really well. I’ve worn them running, to the gym, to work, and out and about around town. I’ve gotten no fewer than three compliments every day that I’ve worn them, and they definitely look way cooler in person than they do in pictures! Colorful space-dyed yarn creates a Patriotic mélange effect, while the outer cage provides a supportive fit with a flexible, durable outsole. I’m not a huge distance runner, so the Adidas Parley is perfect for my low milage workouts and cross-training at the gym. There's a whole new Parley collection to choose from to suit your running and style needs.
FEATURES OF THE ADIDAS SOLAR BOOST PARLEY
- – TFP Textile: Tailor Fibre Placement is a textile process used to produce fibre reinforced structures. Why is this important? It is the epitome of sustainable manufacturing significantly reducing waste.
- – Parley Yarn: The solar boost collection uses Parley yarn.
- – Heelfit: The supportive heel construction is designed to specialy enable the free motion of the achilles.
- – Available in neutral and stability: To meet every runner's needs, there are two versions in the Solar Boost collection.
- – Weight: 11 ounces, 9.8 ounces
- – Drop: 10mm
- – Price: $160.00
SHOP ADIDAS ULTRABOOST PARLEY
FOLLOW JACKRABBIT AND OUR RUNNING CREW
Follow JackRabbit and our running lives on Facebook where we share training tips, interviews and gear guides for every runner's lifestyle.