Dark, cold, salty water coming at you in rough, choppy waves. Low visibility, people all around you, kicking legs, flailing arms. Welcome to the wonderful world of open water triathlon swimming!
REGISTRATION – We're sorry but his class is FULL and registration has closed.
We've developed this one day workshop for those of you with no or little open water swim experience. Swimming in the dark, cold, salty and rough environment of the open water can be a dautinging experience and one that you do not want to wait until race day to experience. Some of the topics we cover for you:
– How to get into and out of your wetsuit, and in a timely fashion
– How to swim with and against the current
– We will practice beach/running starts
– What you can do if you find yourself suddenly panicking and methods to deal with those feelings
– The most efficient way to end your swim and exit the water efficiently and ahead of your competition
Wetsuits are not required. however, we strongly suggest that you practice in conditions as close to race day as possible and if you will be racing in a wetsuit then you should be practicing in one as well.
When/Where: This class meets Saturday, July 8th from 10:00am – 11:30am at Brighton Beach which is just a short walk off of the Q train.