FIRST LOOK: THE NEW ON CLOUD 2018
The 2018 Cloud from On Running is an all-around running shoe that works well for road, speedwork, track, triathlon and weighs in as light as a feather – or a cloud. The new 2018 On Cloud keeps the same light approach in both weight and feel.
PERFORM ALL DAY, EVERY DAY IN THE ON CLOUD
What’s new with the new On Cloud 2018?
Of course the mainstay of the shoe remains consistent and rightly so. The lightness, the style and the ‘clouds’ on the bottom of the sole are the reasons why people fell in love with the On Cloud in the first place.
As well as adding some new colors to the On Cloud running rainbow, the On Running crew have made improvements and enhancements to the 2018 version of their signature running shoe.
NEW FEATURES OF THE 2018 ON CLOUD
- – Grip Pads: The grip pads on the heel and forefoot have increased size and number for better control in variable conditions (think rain!) and for better durability.
- – Smooth Upper: You might think it is impossible for an On shoe to be smoother, but it can be. The upper of the shoe is now a single smoother layer for support and a cleaner look to the shoe.
- – High Viz: More reflective logos have been added to the 2018 style for safety and styling.
- – Sole: The central channel of the sole is a little wider to avoid snagging small rocks in there. Those rocks will remain right where they should – on the ground.
- – Secure Fit: A new sock-liner has been added for a secure fit and sock like feel.
JACKRABBIT PAT RUNS IN THE ON CLOUD
Athlete Pat: Meet Patrick, a former collegiate 1500m and cross country runner and current marathon runner as well as being part of the digital team here at JackRabbit. His goal for 2018? A PR in the New York Marathon.
‘I had the opportunity to wear-test On’s newest version of their flagship shoe – the Cloud – for about a month. This was my first pair of On shoes, and I wasn’t sure what to expect, but based on other reviews I had high hopes for a shoe that would hold up over long miles and keep me feeling fresh throughout my runs.
The Clouds were a great fit for my foot. I have a high arch, with a bit of a narrower forefoot, and these shoes did a great job of hugging my foot from heel to toes without feeling too narrow or constricting. The lacing system locks down my foot without having to tie my shoes too tight.
Taking the road and getting my run on, the Clouds gave me a much different feel than expected. They offered a firm and responsive ride, but not the type of soft cushioning I had been expecting. The flexibility in the forefoot gave me the feeling that I could up my pace at any time. And there’s nothing wrong about that! While the cushioning was a bit firmer, I did feel that the shoes held up great over my higher mileage runs throughout the month.
All in all, the On Clouds were a fun, responsive change to my running routine. Try them out and see for yourself!’
FEATURES OF THE 2018 ON CLOUD
- – Runner Type: For neutral runners
- – Colors: A rainbow of colors available for both men and women
- – Weight: Men’s On Cloud 2018 – 8.1 ounces
- – Weight: Women’s On Cloud 2018 – 6.4 ounces
- – Drop: Men’s and Women’s 6mm
- – Price: $130.00
TECHNICAL SPECS: THE 2018 ON CLOUD
THE DESIGNS: ON CLOUD 2018