JACKRABBIT MONTHLY PRIORITIZER
YOU HAVE TO MAKE TIME
Time is… like… weird, man.
As a completely human construct, it technically doesn’t even exist. Nevertheless, the passing of time can cause anxiety, obsession, and a feeling that it is going by much too quickly. It seems to be something we never have enough of, and something we can’t get back.
So if time is something we made up, why can’t we get a grasp on it? Prioritization is the issue. We get bogged down by appointments, daily agendas, and kowtowing to other’s schedules so much, that we never “have time” to do the things we want to, or need to, get done.
Most people tend to overestimate what can be accomplished in the short term, and underestimate what can be accomplished long term. Therefore, to truly be effective – not “efficient”, not “productive”, definitely not “busy” – and actually accomplishing the things that are important to us, we need less micro-managing of our own hour-to-hour days, and more focus on overall goals we are trying to achieve.
Let’s change our mindset to treat our schedules the same way we might treat training for a race. Let’s keep sight on the desired outcome rather than the specific minutia.
To do so, we’ve created a Monthly Prioritizer™ that will keep your eyes on the prize all year long. I’ve personally been using this Prioritizer for the past year and a half, and have simultaneously accomplished more, while decreasing stress, and increasing overall satisfaction. The reason being, is by having a constant reminder of what matters, you naturally stop wasting time on the things that don’t matter.
USING THE JACKRABBIT MONTHLY PRIORITIZER
Using the JackRabbit Monthly Prioritizer™ is relatively straightforward. To clarify, I’ll quickly run through the sections here:
- Monthly Focus: From 1 singular word to a short sentence. This is your guiding star for the month. Do not list multiple items. Stay focused.
- Week 1 – 4: This is your roadmap to achieving your primary monthly goal. List the key steps you need to get you from point A to point B.
- Exercise & Nutrition Goal: Being healthy and feeling good supports every other thing you wish to achieve. No matter your goal, this is your foundation, align accordingly.
- 30, 60, & 90-Day Priorities: Bullet point the items you wish to achieve, for both immediate and longer-term projects. Don’t forget to include lots of fun!
- Happiness Is: Not so much something to “check off”, but rather a current inventory of what is bringing you happiness.
Next Month: Keep moving forward. What do you hope the future brings?
As you take action on your newly-organized priorities, we hope you do so with enhanced clarity, confidence, calmness and joy. We wish you great success in wasting less time, accomplishing more of what matters, and spending your months getting back to YOU!
About the Author:
Lance has previously been fat, weak, and injured. Lacking any real innate athletic ability, his application of data and science has produced some pretty awesome personal results, such as bench pressing over 500 pounds in competition. As a professional Strength & Conditioning Coach he’s helped enhance the performance of NFL athletes, olympians, ironmen, and improved the race-day performance of hundreds of runners.
FOLLOW JACKRABBIT AND OUR RUNNING CREW
Follow JackRabbit and our running lives on Facebook where we share training tips, interviews and gear guides for every runner’s lifestyle.