When: Sat, Jun 20, 20157:00am Sun, Nov 1, 20157:00am
Location: New York City
JackRabbit is partnering with our friends at the Galloway Group www.gallowaynyc.orgon this new 20-week program geared toward folks looking to finish the NYC Marathon. Unlike JackRabbit's traditional 16-week program (starting July 14th), this class will utilize the Galloway approach in that it will utilize a run/walk ratio for EVERY workout for the duration of the program which will enable participants to go the distance while remaining healthy and injury-free. The program only requires three runs per week: two 30-minute runs on your own, and a long group run on Saturdays. Long runs safely increase in distance from 6 to 23 miles over the 20-week training season for those preparing for the NYC Marathon. The “magic mile” time trial will provide a guideline for your expected race pace. Running start and end locations vary based on mileage and other special events.
The 20-week training program offers:
– Group support structure for training and multiple pace groups – no runner left behind!
– One specific pace group leader dedicated solely to JackRabbit registrants
– Weekly training schedule that builds slowly
– Wide variety of running routes throughout the 5 boroughs, covering portions of NYC Marathon course
– Fully-stocked aid stops at training runs over 10 miles and at NYC marathon
– Galloway guidance on running techniques, gear, nutrition, and injury prevention
– Special clinics on topics of interest to runners, plus discounts from local vendors
– Fun social events: happy hours, mini-golf outings, post-run breakfasts
– Access to private Facebook group to share running stories, tips, meet-ups, etc
Where: Each Saturday long run will have a unique and new starting point. The dates & courses are: 6/20=Brooklyn Bridge Park, 6/27=East River Promenade, 7/4=Riverbank Park, 7/11=Central Park, 7/18=Lower West Side Hwy, 7/25=Upper WSH/Dyckman, 8/1=Summer Streets, 8/8=Randall’s Island, 8/15=Summer Streets, 8/22=Koch/Pulaski Bridges, 8/29=East Side/CP/West Side, 9/5=East River Promenade, 9/19=Prospect Pk/Ocean Pkwy, 9/26=Last 8.2 of NYC Marathon, 10/3=Lower West Side Hwy, 10/10=Central Park, 10/17=Last 10.2 of NYC Marathon, 10/24=Lower East Side
Questions & Details on the Galloway Group: www.gallowaynyc.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org