BRINGING THE ESSENTIALS BACK TO RUNNING
Yes there is the glory of running – the start lines, the finish lines, even the Olympics if you’re really on the edge of your talent. But most of all, a runner’s life is about putting the work in; being a workhorse. The everyday becomes the every day if you have a running goal in mind.
We all need the essentials to power our runs and our training. Read on for the JackRabbit recommendations for every runner’s needs.
SOCKS AND FOOT SUPPORT GALORE
No longer are socks the gift you give if you can’t think of what to give your favorite troublesome gift receiver. Sock styling has been taken to a whole new level with the threadmasters at Stance, Superfeet and Feetures.
And for those with special feet needing some extra loving, insoles are a game changer for your plantars.
- Feetures Elite Light No Show Tab: $15.99
- Feetures Performance Relief Ultra Light Quarter Socks: $29.99
- Currex RunPro Low, Medium and High Drop Insoles: $49.95
- Superfeet Orange Insole: $54.95
While you may want to believe all you need to run is a pair of shoes and the motivation to step out your own front door, we all know there is a whole cornucopia of things you need to make your run life a little more rounded!
Headlamps show you the way (literally), and hydration is key if your runner trains for longer than an hour. (Aside, did you know exercise performance is impaired when an individual is dehydrated by as little as 2% of body weight.) So gift wisely, and get a water carrier for your running bff.
If your favorite runner wants to run tomorrow following running today, then they’d better be taking care of their legs. A daily once over from the R8 roller or their preferred foam roller and their legs will thank you in the long run (pun intended).
- Nathan Headlamp: $35
- Nathan Speedshot Plus Insulated Handheld Bottle: $30
- Addaday Boomerang Massage Roller: $48
- Addaday Marble Massage Roller: $27
- Nathan Lock Laces: $8
- Sunglasses for running: $34.97 – $276.98
STOCKING STUFFERS UNDER $40 FOR THE RUNNER
We hope you have some XXXL stockings hanging from the fireplace this year.
From nutrition gels and bars, more socks (you can’t have enough, friends!), race belts, body glide, sunscreen and more. Shop around our curated selections just for you.
- Socks: $4.97 – $100
- Nutrition and Drinks: $8.50 – $65
- Personal Care Items: $0.97 – $13
- Hydro Flask Wide Mouth: $39.95
- Zoku Stainless Steel Bottle: $34.99