Position Title: Digital Social Media Strategist
Functional Area: E-Commerce
Reports To: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Last Updated: February 2017
This purpose of this position is to manage and grow JackRabbit’s presence in social media/Internet communities, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other JackRabbit-branded/Non-branded communities to generate awareness, revenue opportunities, and more effectively connect with customers by performing the following main duties:
- Develop and implement JackRabbit’s social media marketing/content strategy to grow each of our social media channels. This includes creating social media profiles, managing regular posts, managing our paid social advertising strategy and responding to followers.
- Plans, writes, and edits JackRabbit content across the social media, which includes owning the tone and voice strategy for the brand
- Manages content strategy/calendar for company Store Manager ran social handles.
- Monitors external blogs, social networking sites, forums and competitors’ social media activities. Participates in the conversation as needed in order to create a marketing strategy that generates inbound leads, gains followers and creates a positive image for JackRabbit.com
- Tracking trending topics among JackRabbit’s target audience and strategically incorporating this content into the digital content calendar to encourage engagement.
- Provides recommendations on using digital communities to support brand initiatives.
- Manages/recommends social media tools/applications such as Spredfast and Curalate, and remains current on the use of emerging tools and their applicability to JackRabbit. Identifies 3rd party vendors to facilitate objectives.
- Identifies and actively obtains content derived from unique stories and interesting people that could be used for marketing content assets. Obtains content including videos and images from Vendors, external websites, bloggers and influencers to be posted on social media properties.
- Traffics communication with customer care social team in order to respond on a timely basis to manage customer feedback and provide premium customer service.
- Executing promotions within digital communities, including assisting with application testing, working with legal team on official rules, and choosing winners.
- Uses social media tools to reach new audiences across various platforms to increase product and brand awareness.
- Has a deep understanding of social analytics and is able to track/report/analyze the effectiveness of JackRabbit’s social media content initiatives, creates reports with actionable insights from data and uses those insights to guide future content and social direction.
- Works flexible hours to assist in achieving efficient coverage monitoring various sites.
- Assist in local social opportunities within JackRabbit and external social media networks.
- Identifies and monitors external influencers based on target segments
- Knowledge of running/running shoe industry preferred
- Additional duties and projects as required.
Required Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university with a major in Communications, Marketing, or a related field is preferred, 3-4 years relevant work experience coordinating social media practices is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be well-versed in various social spaces/communities, including their purpose, business objectives, demographics, growth capabilities and functionality. Must have strong written and copy skills. Experience with Web 2.0 and social media networking tools, including developing and executing a social media strategy, and knowledge of leveraging blog planning and posting, and community development and management.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; strong knowledge of computer and web/digital technologies, software, and applications; and strong understanding of file management.
- Communication Skills: Must be an effective communicator with internal and external individuals at all levels. This includes spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be consistently constructive and professional.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to analyze results at a micro and macro level and present findings. Makes routine decisions following established policies and procedures; collaborates with manager to gain assistance when complex issues arise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for more than 6 hours per shift
- Use hands to finger, handle and feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk and/or hear
- Stand for up to 2 hours at a time periodically
- Walk or move from one location to another
- Occasionally may need to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly and up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company’s policies are required for the position.
- Average work week is 40-45 hours, which can vary depending on business need.
- The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy office setting.
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company policy.