When it comes to sustainability in the running industry, Reebok is leading the way. Reebok’s goal is to create innovative solutions that will help build a fitter planet without impacting performance. This is achieved by sourcing their product materials from nature or from processed plastic waste.
By 2030, Reebok plans to have 100% of their products be sustainable. Reebok measures sustainability by the following product categories:
- [REE]GROW – made with at least 50% plant-based materials
- [REE]CYCLED – minimum of 30% of the upper is recycled materials.
- Better cotton
- Organic cotton
- Color with care
Let’s take a deeper look at Reebok’s current sustainable product offering with the Reebok Forever Floatride Grow, Reebok Floatride Energy Grow and Reebok Nano X1 Vegan.
REEBOK FOREVER FLOATRIDE GROW
PERFORMANCE RUNNING SHOES MADE WITH AT LEAST 50% PLANT-BASED MATERIALS
Sustainable doesn’t mean sacrificing quality and performance. Reebok Forever Floatride Grow is a neutral running shoe made with at least 50% plant-based materials to reduce petroleum-based plastics, one step at a time. The midsole is comprised of castor beans which provides a high-performance, lightweight and responsive cushioning.
A BLOOM algae EVA socklier in the the Forever Floatride Grow adds comfortable cushion underfoot for a soft ride.
The Forever Floatride Grow upper is made of flexible eucalyptus tree textile which is very breatheable. The outsole is comprised of natural rubber which creates a flexible and durable running shoe.
REEBOK FLOATRIDE ENERGY GROW
REEBOK’S NEWEST ITERATION IN SUSTAINABLE PERFORMANCE FOOTWEAR
Floatride Energy GROW combines the award-winning Floatride Energy 3.0 with the commitment and responsibility to protect the environment and strive to create a fitter planet.
Floatride Energy GROW is an industry-leading shoe within Reebok’s [REE]GROW category, which guarantees the product is made of at least 50% plant-based materials in an effort to reduce petroleum-based plastics, one step at a time.
Castor beans, eucalyptus, bloom algae, and natural rubber have been researched and tested to deliver on performance without compromise.
Key features include:
- Castor bean midsole, reformulated to improve durability and deliver responsive, lightweight cushioning mile after mile.
- Durable, breathable eucalyptus upper, re-engineered for more structure and support to provide a better performance fit.
- Natural rubber, providing a flexible outsole for traction and durability.
- Bloom algae sockliner for added underfoot comfort.
- Refined midsole geometry to provide more underfoot cushioning for a more supportive feel, combined with a beveled heel and increased toe-spring for a seamless heel-to-toe transition and a smooth underfoot ride.
- Flared collar for comfort mile after mile.
REEBOK NANO X1 VEGAN
Reebok’s gave their ultimate training shoe, the Nano X1, a sustainable makeover for Earth Month with the launch of the Nano X1 Vegan.
The Nano X1 Vegan is just as versatile and comfortable as you’d expect and it is an animal-free, USDA Certified Biobased Product featuring a minimum of 40% bio-based materials
The Nano X1 Vegan is made up of 100% animal-free materials and products. It features a castor bean oil and EVA foam midsole, cotton and wood spun yarn upper, and natural rubber outsole.
Top features of the Nano X1 Vegan include:
Comfort: fusing Reebok’s Floatride Energy cushioning of a running shoe while maintaining the performance and stability of a training shoe
Speed: the sleek shape and design allow for maximum speed and runnability
Control: providing designed stability to support varied workouts